Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist DVD
You save £12.50 (62%)
|Add to Wishlist|
In Stock - should be despatched within 24 hours. Despatched from the UK. Delivery timesUsually 2-3 days to reach UK addresses. Europe takes around 2 days longer and International destinations take 1-2 weeks
FREE to UK addresses.
Costs to other countriesUK: Free
Western Europe: £2.00
Rest of the world: £3.00
If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days. More details
Ordering for Christmas? Last post dates for UK and abroad 4 December: Asia, Far East, N.Z.
5 December: Australia
6 December: Africa, Central & South America, Middle East
9 December: Cyprus, Eastern Europe
10 December: Canada, France, Greece, Poland
13 December: USA
14 December: Western Europe
20 December: UK
23 December: UK (Special Delivery or Courier)
Directed by Kirby Dick
Produced in 1997
Main Language - English
Countries & Regions - American film
Bob Flanagan was an American performance artist, stand-up comic, poet and lifelong sufferer from cystic fibrosis. He was also a masochist who found that his S&M experiences helped him manage the pain of his illness. Kirby Dick’s internationally acclaimed, award-winning documentary follows Flanagan and his dominatrix partner, Sheree Rose, through the last years of Flanagan's life. It is a deeply moving, often hilarious profile of a unique artist, giving an insight into Flanagan's warmth, courage and sense of humour.
Originally, three-and-a-half minutes were cut from ‘two scenes showing strong sadomasochistic
activity ... which,’ according to the BBFC, ‘would be highly dangerous if copied’. After a recent
resubmission to the Board, these cuts have since been reinstated.
Sick is a deeply moving, often hilarious, profile of a unique artist, giving an insight into Flanagan’s
warmth, courage and, especially, his sense of humour.
Length: 90 mins
Format: DVD Colour
Released: 5th November 2012
Cat No: BFIVD877
- Presented fully uncut and uncensored for the first time
- Dick on Sick (Kirby Dick, 1997, 8 mins): the director reflects on his experience of making Sick
- Sara’s Sick Too (Kirby Dick, 15 mins): short film revisiting Sara, a fellow cystic fibrosis sufferer who meets Bob through the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Sick
- Feature length audio commentary by Kirby Dick and editor Dody Doran
- Live performances with director introductions
- Deleted scenes with director introductions
- Original soundtrack
- Original trailer
- Illustrated booklet featuring new essays from Patricia MacCormack (author of Cinesexuality) and Murray Perkins, Senior Examiner at the BBFC
- biographies and credits.