Doctor Who: Planet of Giants DVD
You save £2 (10%)
|Add to Wishlist|
This product should be despatched within 2 working days. Despatched from the UK. Delivery timesUsually 2-3 days to reach UK addresses. Europe takes around 2 days longer and International destinations take 1-2 weeks
FREE to UK addresses.
Costs to other countriesUK: Free
Western Europe: £2.00
Rest of the world: £3.00
If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days. More details
Produced in 1964
Main Language - English
Countries & Regions - British Film
An early Doctor Who adventure from the show's second season, Planet of Giants stars William Hartnell as the first incarnation of the Doctor.
By accident, the TARDIS doors open while the ship is still in flight - although they have arrived back on Earth in the 1960s, a time they have been trying to return to since they all met, the travellers soon realise that something is very wrong. The Doctor, Ian, Barbara and Susan discover that they have all be radically reduced in size to an inch tall - which doesn't help much when you uncover a diabolical plot by a ruthless businessman who has developed an insecticide so powerful that it will wipe out all insect life on the planet. The Doctor and his companions Barbara (Jacqueline Hill), Ian (William Russell) and Susan (Carole Ann Ford) try to put an end to his schemes.
Publisher: 2 Entertain
Length: 75 mins
Aspect ratio: 1.33:1
Cat No: BBCDVD3479
Format: DVD Colour
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
- Commentary with vision mixer Clive Doig, special sounds creator Brian Hodgson, make-up supervisor Sonia Markham and floor assistant David Tilley
- Episode 3 and 4 Reconstruction
- Rediscovering The Urge to Live
- Carole Ann Ford talks about her role as the Doctor’s granddaughter
- The Lambert Tapes
- Prop Design Plans (DVD-ROM)
- Radio Times Listings (DVD-ROM)
- Programme Subtitles
- Production Information Subtitles
- Photo Gallery
- Coming Soon Trailer.