That Kind of Girl DVD+Blu-ray
On order, dispatched within 5-10 days. Delivery timesUsually 5-7 days to reach UK addresses... Europe takes around 2 days longer and International destinations take 1-2 weeks
FREE to UK addresses.
Costs to other countriesUK: Free
Western Europe: £2.50
Rest of the world: £3.75
If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days. More details
Directed by Gerry O Hara
Produced in 1963
Main Language - English
Countries & Regions - British Film
Linda Marlowe, Margaret Rose Keil
In 1960s London, a beautiful continental au pair finds herself wrestling with the affections of an earnest peace-protester, a dashing young toff and a roguish older man. But fun and freedom turn to shame and despair when she finds that her naivety has put her lovers, and their partners – including the well-meaning Janet (played by Big Zapper’s Linda Marlowe, in her first role) – at risk.
Stylishly shot in crisp black and white, and set against a backdrop of smoky jazz clubs, ‘Ban the Bomb’ marches, and evocative London locations, this finely tuned cautionary tale was the directorial debut of Gerry O’Hara (All the Right Noises, The Brute).
Length: 74 mins
Format: DVD+Blu-ray B&W
Released: 24th October 2011
Cat No: BFIB1108
- 2 discs
- All Films newly mastered to High Definition
- The People at No.19 (JHolmes, 1948): a melodrama on the themes of adultery and sexual hygiene
- No Place to Hide (Knight, 1959): a snapshot of the ‘Ban the Bomb’ march from Aldermaston to London
- A Sunday in September (Hill, 1961): a documentary, from the director of Black Beauty, about a nuclear disarmament demonstration in London with Vanessa Redgrave, Doris Lessing and John Osbourne
- Robert Hartford-Davis interview (1968): That Kind of Girl’s producer discusses his film career and production methods
- Extensive illustrated booklet featuring essays from novelist Cathi Unsworth and director Gerry O’Hara.