|Add to Wishlist|
On order, dispatched within 5-10 days. Delivery timesUsually 5-7 days to reach UK addresses... Europe takes around 2 days longer and International destinations take 1-2 weeks
FREE to UK addresses.
Costs to other countriesUK: Free
Western Europe: £2.50
Rest of the world: £3.75
If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days. More details
Directed by Hugh Hudson
Produced in 1985
Main Language - English
Countries & Regions - British Film, American film
Contemporary Drama • Contemporary Period, Costume, Historical Film • Contemporary War Films • Contemporary British Film • Contemporary Blu-rays • Contemporary British Film • British Film Blu-rays • American Film
A tour-de-force of epic filmmaking set against the American War of Independence. Al Pacino heads a stellar British/American cast (Nastassja Kinski, Donald Sutherland, Joan Plowright, Steven Berkoff, Dexter Fletcher, Annie Lennox) in this definitive version of Hugh Hudson's powerfully unsentimental film. Since its original release in 1985, director Hugh Hudson (Chariots of Fire) and Al Pacino have returned to the film, making several changes including the addition of a voice-over for Pacino’s character.
Epic in scale and execution, Revolution follows the fortunes of single father Tom Dobb (played with dogged resilience by Al Pacino) as he fights to protect Ned, his only son, against the violent course of history. Superb performances, breathtaking set pieces and a poignant score by John Corigliano, played by the National Philharmonic Orchestra, combine to produce an uncompromising evocation of the chaos and squalor of war.
Length: 121 mins
Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
Format: DVD+Blu-ray Colour
Released: 18th June 2012
Cat No: BFIB1136
- 2 discs
- Director's Cut
- Optional presentation of the original theatrical version of Revolution (Blu-ray only)
- Revisiting Revolution (2008, 23 mins, DVD only): Al Pacino and Hugh Hudson discuss their vision for Revolution: The Director’s Cut
- Hugh Hudson on Revolution (2012, 12 mins): Hugh Hudson on the making of Revolution, illustrated with production stills by David Bailey and Don McCullin
- Re-cutting Revolution: the Deleted Scenes (2012, 21 mins, DVD only): Hugh Hudson on the changes he made to create his 2009 cut
- Original theatrical trailer (DVD only)
- Optional Dolby surround 5.1 audio
- Extensive booklet with essays by Nick Redman, Philip French, John Corigliano and Michael Brooke.