Opening Night DVD+Blu-ray
You save £3 (15%)
|Add to Wishlist|
On order, dispatched within 5-10 days. Delivery timesUsually 5-7 days to reach UK addresses... Europe takes around 2 days longer and International destinations take 1-2 weeks
FREE to UK addresses.
Costs to other countriesUK: Free
Western Europe: £1.38
Rest of the world: £2.06
If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days. More details
Directed by John Cassavetes
Produced in 1977
Main Language - English
Countries & Regions - American film
Featuring a startling performance by Gena Rowlands which won her the Silver Bear for Best Actress in 1978, Opening Night is one of John Cassavetes’ most self-reflexive works, offering an insightful and intriguing evocation of the theatrical experience from both sides of the proscenium.
Broadway actress Myrtle Gordon (Gena Rowlands) rehearses for her latest play about a woman in denial at the onset of her autumn years. When Myrtle witnesses the accidental death of an adoring young fan, it leads to a crisis of confidence in both her professional and her personal life which threatens to undermine the whole production.
Length: 144 mins
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1 widescreen
Format: DVD+Blu-ray Colour
Released: 27th May 2013
Cat No: BFIB1129
- 2 discs
- Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
- Audio commentary by Tom Charity, Mike Ferris and Bo Harwood
- Memories of John (29 mins, DVD only)
- Falk on Cassavetes: The later years (14 mins, DVD only)
- Fully illustrated booklet featuring interviews and essays from Tom Charity, Al Ruban and Peter Bogdanovich.