You save £10 (50%)
|Add to Wishlist|
In Stock - should be despatched within 24 hours. Despatched from the UK. Delivery timesUsually 2-3 days to reach UK addresses. Europe takes around 2 days longer and International destinations take 1-2 weeks
FREE to UK addresses.
Costs to other countriesUK: Free
Western Europe: £2.50
Rest of the world: £3.75
If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days. More details
Related Special Offers
Directed by Don Levy
Produced in 1967
Main Language - English
Countries & Regions - British Film
Michael Gothard, Gabriella Licudi
When Max, a young poet (played by the iconic Michael Gothard - The Devils, La Vallee), hires a marketing company to turn his suicide-by-jumping into a mass-media spectacle, he finds that his subversive intentions are quickly diluted into a reactionary gesture, and his motivations are revealed as a desperate attempt to seek attention through celebrity.
Unseen since its limited release in 1967, this audacious and prescient - yet criminally overlooked - work by experimental filmmaker Don Levy left a profound mark on the landscape of late-1960s British cinema, with echoes of its visual style evident in the most celebrated work of such notable directors as Stanley Kubrick, Nicolas Roeg and Michael Winner.
This presentation also includes a number of Don Levy's short films.
Length: 142 mins
Cat No: BFIB1104
Format: DVD+Blu-ray Colour
- 2 discs
- Newly transferred to High Definition from the original negative under the supervision of Levy associate, Amnon Buchbinder
- Alternative 1.33:1 full frame presentation (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Interview with Don Levy (1973): the only known recording of Levy discussing Herostratus
- Ten Thousand Talents (1960, 24 mins): Levy's student film, set in Cambridge, featuring the voice of Peter Cook
- Time Is (1964, 29 mins): Levy's remarkable documentary
- Five Films (1967, 9 mins): Levy's hypnotic experiments in film editing techniques
- Extensive illustrated booklet with newly commissioned contributions and original documentation.